Setup

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM

After following the server installation instructions, the home page for the root account returns the HTTP ERROR 500.19.

I have checked all of the setups including the web.config file.

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Try going to the site using a web browser on the server - that should give you a much more detailed error message.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I am using a web browser on the server and it is returning the error code 0x8007000d.  I have done a lot of searching on this code and from what I can find it suggests  a syntax error in the web.config file.  Visual Studio does not show an error.

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:38 AM

I'm pretty sure the browser will be returning more detail than that, and without those extra details no-one is going to be able to help you.

Have a look at this thread for a start
http://snomtastic.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=232467&ProjectName=snomtastic
partially for general information on things that are worth checking, but also as an example of posting errors. The more detail you can give, the more chance someone will suggest a fix. Help us help you. 

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I finally have Snomtastic working.  It is a great tool.  Good job.  Do you have plans for being able to delete configurations? 

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Snomtastic does allow you to delete a configuration.

To delete a configuration:

Click on the root item "Configurations" which will display the list of defined configurations.
Click on the configuration you wish to delete.
Select "Edit Configuration" from the Action Menu.
Select "Delete Configuration" from the Action Menu to delete the configuration.

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Is it possible to configure Snomtastic to do firmware upgrades of the phone models by subnet? Example upgrade the Snom 300  phones on the 192.168.1.0  subnet and not upgrade the Snom 300 sets on any other subnet or VPN.  Was Snomtastic designed to be able to have multiple like phones models with different  configurations?  I really like the tool.

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Currently this is not supported by Snomtastic but it is on our development wishlist along with the ability to schedule updates.

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2011 at 2:43 AM

sorry morman, just noticed part 2 of your question.

Phones can have configurations applied by Default Config, Subnet, Model, Firmware, Group and User (in that order) with User having the highest order of precedence and the "default configuration" having the lowest. A phone can pick up configuration settings from as many of these levels as you require.

Jamie.

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM

For versions of Snomtastic older that 1.2 the Web.config file uses machinekey,validationkey and decriptionkey.  For 1.2 and newer, the web,config file uses the EncryptionPassPhrase.  If one was upgrading from a version this old to 1.2 or 1.2.1 would this cause a problem with the ad password encryption and phone registration to snomtastic?