snomtastic client

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Hi There guys,

We downloades snomtastic client version 1.2. We installed it on 3 win 7 x64 based pc's and the installation went through without any problems. When we try to configure the client or try to open it windows says "the application stopped working"

Do you perhaps have a different client that we can download and test?

Thanks

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM

This version has been tested on Windows 7 x64. Make sure you update the install.bat file with your server information and install the tool using the batch file.

Do not run the MSI directly. This version needs to be provided with the parameters.

Install.bat should look something like this:

msiexec /i snomtray.msi USERSERVICEURL="https://yoursnomtasticserver.com.au" VALIDATEINTERVAL=300 /passive

This will add the following required entries to the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SHFA\Snomtastic\UserServiceUrl
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SHFA\Snomtastic\ValidateInterval

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the reply. Ill try this out.

Regards

Sent: 08 February 2011 03:10 AM
To: Riaan van der Westhuizen
Subject: Re: snomtastic client [snomtastic:244922]

This version has been tested on Windows 7 x64. Make sure you update the install.bat file with your server information and install the tool using the batch file.

Do not run the MSI directly. This version needs to be provided with the parameters.

Install.bat should look something like this:

msiexec /i snomtray.msi USERSERVICEURL="https://yoursnomtasticserver.com.au" VALIDATEINTERVAL=300 /passive

This will add the following required entries to the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SHFA\Snomtastic\UserServiceUrl
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SHFA\Snomtastic\ValidateInterval

Onesys Information Technology

Riaan van der Westhuizen
System Admin : Senior Network Administrator

Email: rvw@onesys.co.za
Tel: 0861112754
Fax: 0123651691

2nd Floor Atrium Building, 60 Glenwood Road
Lynnwood Glen, Pretoria

www.onesys.co.za

The information in this e-mail is confidential and legally privileged. As such, it is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity addressed in the message. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not copy, distribute, or disclose the included information to anyone. All ONESYS business activities are undertaken, subject to our standard trading conditions available on request. Therefore, amongst others, no employee or intermediary is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of the company and its subsidiaries by e-mail without express written confirmation by a duly authorised

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I'm having issues with the client not cooperating well with Win 7 x64.  I'm also running this in a Lync 2010 environment - Not sure if that is part of the problem.  Does anybody have an updated working client they could share?

Thanks, 

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Hi there,

Im am having a problem with the snomtastic client, When installing it for the first time it works perfectly, but then when rebooting the client's pc it just stops working giving me the following error

I also checked the registry entries and both of them are there.

"The application stopped working"

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: snomtray.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.2.1.29965

Problem Signature 03: 4c36b5ea

Problem Signature 04: snomtray

Problem Signature 05: 1.2.1.29965

Problem Signature 06: 4c36b5ea

Problem Signature 07: 2f