Firmware updating-loading

Developer
Mar 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM

ok.. got Snomtaskic up and running up and running

Configurtations are coming along as well...

But I just cant get the firmware to load.

We are using 320 & 370 phones.. on the test phone, I pulled it out of the box, hooked it up, and it powers on, loads configs, etc.. it just wont load the firmware.

in the logs I can see it trying to access the firmware files.

This is an out of the box 320, with default SIP load....

I have accesed the url that the phone is lookign at for the firmware http://ocs-prov-01.sbl.na/phone/firmware.aspx?mac=000413351DBD but it shows only this....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <firmware-settings>
  <firmware perm=" " />
  </firmware-settings>

Any ideas?... Anyone???

Developer
Mar 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I've also noticed that under the "Phone"... "edit phone" in the Phone Details table... Model and Firmware are blank for some reason.. is this normal?

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

The models and firmwares need to be added to snomtastic, and the model names need to match the information in the request from the phone.  eg. snom320-SIP.

It will also need an entry for the current firmware version so that it knows the upgrade path for the phone. If you dont plan to upgrade/downgrade to this version then it will not actually need a file associated with it. 

Also, If you can access the firmware.aspx you may not have installed the custom athentication provider correctly, which should restrict access to this.

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I have the same issue - My firmware and model are blank on all my phones.

I checked and I cannot access the firmware.aspx.  Could you pint me to some other troubleshooting tasks to fix this issue?  Everything else is working perfectly with my install.

I see this entry in my IIS logs:
/phone/firmware.aspx mac=00041329CD2E 443 - 10.0.50.202 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+snom360-SIP+8.5.8.1+1.1.3-s) 200 0 0 46

Thanks!